It is no secret that I love to share stories! Presentations, workshops, panels, guest lecturing, and teaching are some of my favorite moments. Interested in learning more? Nikki@WitMeetsGrit.com
Over the last five years I have coordinated and facilitated workshops, delivered trainings, provided presentations, moderated panels, and participated in interviews. I also have taught new farmers classes that include a full curriculum covering business, marketing, and production topics. This love extends into the field of sustainability in which I serve as adjunct professor at the College of Charleston where I teach an Intro to Environmental Studies and Sustainability course.
The following are the most notable speaking engagements:
- Southern Sustainable Agriculture Working Group (2019) “Funding Your Mission.”
- South Carolina Small Business Administration Staff Training (2018) “Opportunities in Local Food Systems: Tools and Resources for Supporting Agricultural Businesses in South Carolina.”
- Carolina Farm Stewardship Association (2018) “Land Access: Resources and Realities” Presentation + Panel.
- SC Association of Community Economic Development Corporation (2018) “Communication and Marketing Basics.”
- Southern Southern SSAWG Conference (2018) “Funding Fundamentals: Tools for Increasing Organizational Capacity.”
- Georgia Organics (2018) “Employee Retention: Building a Farm Team”
- Carolina Farm Stewardship Association (2017) “Growing Great Farm Team Members”,
- Southern SSAWG Conference (2015, 2017) on “Resources for New and Beginning Farmers” and “Building Valuable Apprenticeships/Internships on Your Farm”,
- SC Farm Bureau Young Farmer Rancher Conference (2017) “Women in Agriculture Panel” and “Diversifying Your Operation”,
- Carolina Farm Stewardship Association Conference (2014, 2015, 2016) on “Apprenticeships”, “Incubators” and “Resources for New and Beginning Farmers”,
- American Center for Life Cycle Assessment Conference (2016) as Keynote,
- National Service Leadership Conference (2016) on “Building Communities Through Collaboration”,
- GOODFarming Workshop with Clemson Sustainable Agriculture (2015) on “Weed Management”,
- 4th Annual National Incubator Farm Field School (2015) on “Curriculum Development”,
- Moderator for SC Office of Innovation “Marketing and Event Planning” session (2015),
- National Women in Agriculture Risk Management Conference (2014) on new “Farmer Training”,
- Georgia Organics Conference (2014) on “Community Food System Development”,
- SC Farm Bureau Quarterly Meeting (2014) on “New Farmers”, Municipal Association of South Carolina Statewide Conference (2014) on the “Economics of Agriculture”,
- SC Main Street Meeting “Attracting Entrepreneurs to Your Hometown” (2014),
- Faith and Food Justice Summit presentation on “Innovative Models for Food Access for Faith Based Organizations” (2014),
- Feast Down East Conference (2014) on “Farm to Table Development”,
- Community Development Conference “Strengthening Community through Innovative, Collaborative, Regional Food System Development” (2013)
- SC New and Beginning Farmer “Apprenticeships and Incubator Farm Workshop” (2013) on building “Apprenticeships and Incubators”.
Additional presentations prior to 2013 that range from the NACAA 2012 National Conference Farm Tour to Keynote and Trainer at the 2009 Sustainable Construction Techniques for Affordable Housing.